Sunday & Monday, October 22 – 23
Adults in the US are watching over 300 minutes of video daily; kids are consuming even more. It’s no wonder learning and development professionals are increasingly asked to produce videos as an essential part of learning experiences.
The Video Mastery Certificate Program is a two-day, hands-on experience where attendees will explore the full planning and production process required to create effective instructional videos. Some of L&D’s leading experts on video usage will guide attendees through the creation of their own videos … from storyboarding and scripting through shooting and editing, and finally to posting and repurposing your final products.
Along the way, you’ll explore critical aspects of effective video including recommendations on equipment, tools, and software, as well as important things to remember to make sure your content is accessible and useful to all individuals and contexts.
Who Should Attend?
- Instructional designers who are increasingly being asked to create video content
- Learning professionals who want to raise the bar on the videos being created for their learning programs
- Anyone who wants to ensure the videos that are being created are following a proven methodology focused on instructional effectiveness
What Will You Learn?
At the Video Mastery Certificate Program you will actively participate in the full process of creating effective learning videos, from pre-production straight through to post-production. You will build the following assets that you can take with you as a resource to support your future videos:
- Video learning journey plan
- Video storyboards
- Two fully produced videos
- An instructional marketing video
- A process training video
Topics covered during this event include:
- Why do we use video?
- Research on instructional strategies with video
- Creating learning experiences with video
- Creating a video learning journey
- The structure of an instructional video
- Storyboarding techniques
- Building a rough cut video from a storyboard
- Video equipment: cameras, microphones, lighting, and more
- Working with audio
- Shooting video
- Working with video editors
- Graphics and other post-production enhancements
Do More and Save More!
Extend your learning for a full week and save $200 on a certificate program when you also register for DevLearn 2023—in addition to all other discounts for which you may qualify!