Session Materials InstructionsIn this section, you’ll find the steps and guidelines needed to organize and prepare the materials for your session. If you have any additional questions, please reach out to the program team at programs@LearningGuild.com.
- Do I have to provide session materials?
- Concurrent or Stage Session: What kind of session materials can I submit?
- Workshops: What kinds of session materials can I submit?
- Can I include promotional content in my presentation and/or materials?
- What kind of presentation deck should I submit?
- How should I format my materials?
- How do I need to name my files?
- How do I submit my session materials?
Do I have to provide session materials?
Session slide decks and/or resources can do a lot to help deepen the attendee experience. They’re also something attendees regularly reach out to us for during and after the event. While it’s not mandatory to submit session materials, if you’re able to share them we highly encourage it. If you will not have session materials, please notify programs@LearningGuild.com by October 4.
Concurrent or Stage Session: What kind of session materials can I submit?
The materials you submit should either directly share content from your session and/or enhance the topic further, either during the session or afterwards. Your materials can include:
- your slide deck
- resource lists
- job aids
- cheat sheets
We also recommend including your contact information in your materials at the end of your presentation deck.
NOTE: Concurrent and stage session materials will be available to attendees digitally on the event resource page, and will not be printed. Presentation files that are in pdf format will also be available in the event app.
Workshops: What kinds of session materials can I submit?
Much like conference sessions, workshop materials should share the content from your workshop/event and/or enhance it. These materials are printed and given to attendees at the start of the day, so you may wish to think about what you submit as more of a single workbook than a number of separate files. Consider what resources you include and what order you include them in to provide the most context and value to attendees.
NOTE: Workshop materials are only printed. They are not available on the event resource page or the event app.
Can I include promotional content in my presentation and/or materials?
We ask that people not include promotional content in their presentation slide deck and/or resources. Promotional content can include large company logos/branding on each slide and in-depth marketing content about the products/services your company offers.
If you’re unsure if something would be considered promotional content, please feel free to reach out to programs@LearningGuild.com.
What kind of presentation deck should I submit?
There’s not one “right” kind of presentation deck. However, we do encourage you to go beyond just bullet points. Keep your presentation materials sleek, to the point, and visually engaging. We also encourage you to think beyond your presentation materials and consider what ways you can engage your audience and enhance the learning experience.
While not required, an event PowerPoint template is available for you to use for your presentation. This template includes a branded event title slide and transitional slide.
If you choose not to use this template, we do request that you insert the template title slide in to the beginning of your slide deck when submitting your session materials.
NOTE: The resolution of our projector screens will be 1024×768. They can accommodate slides in both 4:3 and 16:9 format.
How should I format my materials?
Please submit your presentation deck as a PowerPoint, PDF, or ZIP file. Before submitting, we recommend checking your presentation deck for readability and spelling/grammar errors. As we will be converting this file to PDF, also ensure any animated slides do not have any unintended overlapping text or graphics.
All other session materials can be sent as either Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Zip, or PDF file. All session materials will have an event cover added.
NOTE: The file size for your session materials should not exceed 10MB. If one or more of your files is larger than 10MB, you will need to host the file elsewhere and create a link to provide participants. This link should be submitted to us in a Word document or PowerPoint slide.
How do I need to name my files?
DL22 = the code for DevLearn 2022
### = your session number (such as 401, P1, MM101, etc)
NAME = the last name of the presenter(s)
Type-of-file = what the file is (presentation, resources, exercise, etc.)
- The slide deck for Session 999 presented by speaker Smith.
- The slide deck for Session 999 presented by speakers Jones and Smith.
- Two files for Session 999 presented by speaker Smith: the presentation file and a supplemental file.
How do I submit my session materials?
- Workshop materials must be submitted by September 20, 2022 in order to be printed.
- Concurrent and stage session materials you wish to have available during the event on the event resource page and in the mobile app must be sent by October 4, 2022.
- Please submit only final files. All materials should be submitted to programs@LearningGuild.com by or before the due date. Materials received after the deadline may not be processed and posted until after the event.
- If you do not plan to offer materials before/after the event, or if you are not able to meet the deadline please contact programs@LearningGuild.com by or before the due date.